[BKARTS] Quote, unquote

I'm sorry. I don't mean to be personal. It's just that this quote thing
is getting out of hand. One list member sends the following in her
signature:

> Mother, give me the sun
> --Henrik Ibsen

That particular quote appears at the very end of Ibsen's "Ghosts," when
the handsome young hero suddenly has an attack of insanity which shows
him to be in the last stages of syphilis contracted at birth through
his father's own degenerate behavior. As the curtain slowly falls, his
mother comes at him with a syringe, to take him out of his misery.

Or, as E. M. Forster put it (Howard's End, but I'm quoting from memory):

"She took to ideas the way a squirrel took to nuts. The more portable
the better."

TSUGFA (Trying to Stiffle Uncontrollable Giggling at Five AM),

Paul T Werner, New York
http://theorangepress.com

WOID: A journal of visual language
DRAGONSBLOOD AND ASHES, a project to research and practice the
techniques of the medieval scribe