[BKARTS] marbling help?

Hello All--

I have been teaching myself to marble paper with guidance from several
books. But I've run into some problems that I could use help with.

I am using wisks to throw Liquitex medium viscosity (acrylic) paints
(diluted with water to runny consistency) onto carrageenan/water size and am
having considerable difficulty with the order of addition of colors. Can
anyone tell  me if there's a "rule of thumb" regarding in what order to add
paints so that one doesn't spread too much and another doesn't sink to the
bottom of the size? Also, are some pigments just not possible to use for
marbling? And why can't I get clear, deep reds (I have found that I must
always add red last and that it spreads like crazy!)?

I also have questions about the size. Does it's temperature matter? And what
about the thickness? I've read several different recipes for it's creation
but should it be the consistency of water or closer to jell-o for use with
acrylic paints?

Any other help or suggestions for a beginner would be most appreciated.

Thanks!
Lynn.