Re: [BKARTS] Paste Paper Follow-Up

> Would anyone care to post
> to the list their 5 to 10 favorite design tools/implements in making
> paste paper?  (Besides fingers:) >>

For a less controlled look, I've unrolled long stretches of Canson onto
several tables pushed together, unceremoniously dumped several colors onto
it and gone at it with a an old broom, adding more paste of another color as
each background area is stained. The paper is then twisted into a big rope
then pulled back apart. I used the Canson because I didn't like the dimpled
texture and knew I wouldn't mourn its loss if the experiment didn't work
out, but it was plenty tough enough to hold up well and in the end the paper
texture didn't show at all. The dried paper gets rolled back up and when I
want to use a piece, I give it a light spritz with water and iron it to get
it smooth and flat.

(works best while listening to Ornette Coleman...)

with best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon
paper@oregontrail.net