[BKARTS] Gel Pen Help?

I am desperate to find a way to revitalize gel pens that have simply
'given up the ghost!'  Any tried and true methods for getting that gel
out of the pen?  I am wondering if there is a readily available or
kitchen remedy for making 'something' that I could, perhaps, inject into
the pen using a syringe.

Also, does anyone sign their books using gel pens?  Any recommendations
about prefered brands of pens and do you ever find need to 'seal' them
so that the ink does not spear eventually?  If so, what type of sealant
are you using.

Please answer, I'm Stuck!!

Smiles,

Bobbi Richards