Re: [BKARTS] Paste Paper Follow-Up

I've been making paste paper for 30 years on and off, and most of my tools
come from scrap materials or the thrift store.  Wide pulls of narrow stripes
with lots of dimension can be made using inexpensive notched adhesive
spreaders for adhesive--a couple of dollars each at home depot--they come in
a variety of notches per inch.  I also cut my own combs with a scissors or
xacto knife from plastic lids from coffee cans.  Cut one in 1/2, and cut
notches on the flat side.  Stiff wallpaper brushes let you make striated
patterns 16" or 12" at a time.  Empty film cannisters make great circles, as
do plastic thread spools.  Any corks can be used "as is" or cut into simple
patterns.  A product called  "fun foam" costs $.79 per sheet 9 x 12 inches,
and can be cut into any pattern with scissors and stuck onto a piece of pvc
plumbers pipe which can then be used as a roller for repeat patterns.  Plain
pipe or a wooden dowel or rolling pin makes a nice pattern all by itself.  I
also make lots of stamps using fun foam stuck onto scrap wood with carpet
tape, and colored with more concentrated paste and stamped over the base
color.  Just try everything you can think of!
Jamie Fine
final Design Workshop
Washington DC