[BKARTS] "Must see - must visit"

I'm an Australian bookbinder and marbler, attending the International Marblers' Gathering at Arrowmont 4-7 September 2002. I plan to be in the U.S. from 23 August and I would really appreciate some advice on "must see" activities and places in Chicago, Boston and Ashville, NC. Anything to do with books, bookbinding, artists' books, marbling, paper - shops, galleries.
Many thanks, Carol Cantrell