Re: [BKARTS] Trends and influences

daved wrote:
>"what trends and or influences have you noticed
>in the book arts this last year?"

I'd be interested in responses to this question-- please post replies or cc to
the list.

One trend I've noticed is the increase in demand for traditional bookbinding
courses.  I believe the plethora of entrants in the field is maturing, and
getting bored with accordion books and other simple structures. The rise in
interest includes raised cord leather binding, coptic binding, tacketed
bindings, girdle books, and the like.

The response to this demand is not only local to the CBA or NYC. SFCB has
expanded its offerings in this area substantially, MCBA has added Coptic and
double raised cord sewing, CCCCBPA offers sewn on cord binding in its Community
Classes.
--
 Richard
 http://minsky.com