[BKARTS] NY events May 18-26

I will be in New York attending the National Stationery Show and then
visiting. Please let me know if there are book, paper or calligraphy related
events from May 18 through May 26, 2002 .

Last year I had the great privilege to see a class of school children react
to Mimi Schaer's installation. It was one of the highlights of my trip.
Talking to an artist about her work is inspiring, watching children interact
with an installation is fascinating. The questions they asked were
intelligent and probing and they were truly delighted with the work. Thanks
Mimi. Can anyone invite me to another New York experience?

The National Stationery Show is a trade show for retailers. Miles of ugly
stuff with occasional spots of glorious paper, journals, fine pens. There is
a separate show at the same time where artists show their work hoping to have
their art work picked up by manufacturers.

Alice Turak
Paper Pleasures
270 Columbine Street
Denver, CO 80206