Re: [BKARTS] Cotton, Flax or Hemp Cloth

As a fiber artist, my personal favorite source for cotton or hemp
fabrics, and among my fave sources for silk, as well as dyes, paints,
tools, and some lively how-to articles over the years, is good old
Dharma Trading Co. in San Rafael.  No affilation, but a happy customer
for at least 14 years, myself. Great prices, friendly folks.
<http://www.dharmatrading.com/>

I absolutely agree if you're willing and able to use recycled fabrices
that you look to thrift stores for  linen (which is the fabric made from
  flax...)