Re: [BKARTS] Hemp

Ann Grasso wrote:

> Hemp is a renewable resource, grows quickly and is cheap to cultivate. It is
> my understanding that the plant used to create the fiber for textiles is not
> the same as the marijuana plant.

Actually it is the same species, cannabis sativa. But the plants
grown for fiber are selectively bred for good fiber characteristics,
and the other ones are bred for uh, other characteristics.

Try Hemptraders:

http://www.hemptraders.com/

There was a TV program about Japan's Living National Treasures.
It was a kick to see the hemp-weaving Treasure roaming thru' her
"marijuana" patch! (Due to American strong-arm tactics, people who
grow hemp in Japan have to have special permits)

I bought some silk/hemp fabric from these people, but can't find their
website now:

                        Hemp Natural Fabrics USA (6)
                        14258 Doolittle Dr.
                        San Leandro, CA 94577