[BKARTS] thin, strong papers

Hello all:

I have a question concerning a paper choice. I'm making a
multi-signature book. One of the signatures contains maps which will be
glued onto the pages (on both sides) of the signature. One of my
concerns is keeping the resulting page from becoming and feeling too
thick--that is, the signature paper plus a map glued on either side. My
other concern is making sure that the signature paper is strong enough
to hold the sewing and will not rip with use.

Any suggestions out there for a thin, strong paper? What little I know
tells me to look for a  rice paper. Is this the right direction, or are
there other, better options?

Thanks,
Cal Smith