Re: [BKARTS] Subject: book suggestions

*********************************************** CENTRAL NEW YORK BOOK ARTS: TRADITIONAL TO INNOVATIVE See The Exhibition Online, And Order Your Catalog. ***********************************************

Hope this isn't repeating any responses:  There's a little volume that is part of theAbrams Discovery Series that includes most of the areas you're "dreaming of;" with the exception of the Keith Smith and artists books, but might fit your need if you're using LaPlantz.  The book is Writing: The Story of Alphabets and Scripts.  ISBN 0-8109-2893-0    The histories are not in depth, but it's richly illustrated. Good luck with your course.

Patricia Sterritt

College of the Albemarle

Elizabeth City, NC