[BKARTS] Skin Deep - Volume 13

*****Please excuse the cross posting*****

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the publication of Skin Deep, vol.13 at: http://www.hewit.com/skindeep.htm

To get you going, we have a copy of light-hearted article found in the July 1890 copy of 'The British Bookbinder.   A late 'Victorian' Taste in Bookbinding, gives us an insight in to the psyche of the Victorian collector of fine bindings.  To go directly to this article click here http://www.hewit.com/sd13-tast.htm

J. Hewit & Sons continues to support bookbinding education both in the UK and abroad.  We are very pleased to bring you news of a 'Bookbinding Forum' that will be taking place in the beautiful English Cotswolds in late August. To go directly to this article click here http://www.hewit.com/sd13-form.htm

Arthur W. Johnson has again, very kindly contributed to our newsletter.  His piece on , 'Cosmetic Bindings' is interesting and thought provoking.   To go directly to this article click here http://www.hewit.com/sd13-cosm.htm

In October last year, John Mumford from The British Library, gave a fascinating mastercalss on 'Islamic Binding' .  The report on that event is reproduced here. To go directly to this article click here http://www.hewit.com/sd13-islm.htm

And last, but not least, there are the usual and new regular features:.

'Product and Company News'-  http://www.hewit.com/sd13-comp.htm
 'Study Opportunities' - http://www.hewit.com/sd13-stdy.htm
'Dates for your Diary' - http://www.hewit.com/sd13-date.htm

A full .pdf file of this edition of Skin Deep may be downloaded from the
'Downloads' page on our web site at: http://www.hewit.com/downloads.htm

We hope that you enjoy reading this edition of Skin Deep

Our very best wishes

David

David Lanning
J. Hewit & Sons Ltd.