[BKARTS] Gold stamping foil

I use real gold foil for stamping on leather knowing that the imitation or
artificial gold will tarnish or turn green on leather. Artificial foils are
fine for paper and cloth.

My question: I'm going to be stamping a one-line name on a piece of wood
veneer, which I've never done.  Should I use real gold foil or is
artificial OK? Does it matter?

Thanks  for the help,

Betty

Betty Storz