[BKARTS] Letterpress/Bookarts in Hell-A

Sorry about the Hell-A. It's one of thoseWhat am I doing here? days.

Dear Valerie,

I'd like to acquaint you with the Otis Laboratory Press at Otis College
of Art & Design. We are near the airport in Westchester and the beach at
Playa del Rey. The Evening College will be offering letterpress classes
in the fall. We just finished a new class this spring called Digital
Letterpress using our polymer platemaker. The Letterpress Intensive
class combines handset type composition with lino cut printing. I
believe the instructor is planning a fall class combining printmaking
techniques with letterpress.

We are also planning to offer Basic Bookbinding instruction,as well as a
great Bookarts class taught by Lisa Deutsch. Some of the work from her
students can be seen in the Library Display case here at Otis on the
third floor.

Our Creative Writing graduate program uses the Lab Press in conjunction
with its' Visiting Lecturer Series, as well as, offering interested
students the opportunity to print their own work.

Otis also has a great Summer of Art program geared to serious students
of art at the high school level.

The Armory in Pasadena also offers letterpress instruction using the
letterpress equipment that came from the Women's Building which was an
active center for women artists in the 70's and 80's.

I hope you will drop by the Lab Press for a visit.

The Open House for the fall is September 8th. Come by and print a
commemorative poster.

Lucky Dare
Laboratory Technician

Otis Lab Press