[BKARTS] foxing removal

I just bought an old print, probably cut from an old book. It has what I believe is called foxing... small blotches of discoloration, maybe because of mildew or some similar thing. Is there a way to safely remove them without damaging the print itself? Maybe a diluted bleach?  Has anyone had any experience with this?
Thanks, John Deason, Pearl City Press, Muscatine, Iowa