Re: [BKARTS] advice on letterpresses...

Dear Sheri,

There are a number of books available that explain how to use a
letterpress. I am sure your local library has some and you can get more
through interlibrary loan. Try Veteachs Arts of the Book, 20 Veronica
Court, Smithtown, NY 11787. They deal in good, used books on printing and
the book arts.  Also, try THE USED BOOK LOVER'S GUIDE series for loads of
others selling used books on this subject.

Some titles are:

         Waterford, GETTING STARTED IN HAND PRINTING AND BINDING; Tab
Books, Inc., 1981
         Lieberman, PRINTING AS A HOBBY; Oak Tree Press, Ltd.,1963
         Polk, THE PRACTICE OF PRINTING; Charles A. Bennet, Co.,1961
(available in many editions)
         Polk, ELEMENTARY PLATEN PRESS WORK; Charles A. Bennet, Co., 1965
(available in many editions)
         Lush, JUNIOR PRINTING; Charles A. Bennet, Co., 1943

Good luck on your adventure!

Richard K.