Re: [BKARTS] PVA's versus dry mounting

Drymounting is an excellent method of mountng photographs assuming the
Rives is not too textured.

SEAL brand tissues are far better than Kodak's and you can get various
types depending on whether you are using RC photo paper or fibre-paper
(they work at different temperatures). They DO make an archival tissue as
well. The problem is not so much with the adhesive as I understand it but
with the paper base of the tissue.

The advantage I would imagine are that the dry adhesive does not penetrate
into the print as much as a wet glue and will therefore not affect the
silver image as much.

There are also cold mount materials which can be of high quality as well
but need to be applied with even pressure (usually through rollers).

--
Peter Sramek
Book°Sequence Gallery