Re: [BKARTS] Germany, Britain & France

I just visited the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz, Germany, a few weeks back (not
at all far from Frankfurt). Wonderful if not a bit overwhelming. Large
collection of books on display, as well as a surprise recreation of the
original Litho press built by Senefelder way back when. Of course, lots about
Gutenberg's activities. The museum even has displays about medeival manuscript
production including how the pigments were made. Also a separate section on
book binding craft from the 1400's on upward. Lots!

There is also a museum in Antwerp, Belgium by the name of Museum
Plantin-Moretus. I've not been there yet, but it's another museum over the
history of printing. I've heard good things about it.

http://www.dma.be/cultuur/museum_plantinmoretus/

the site can be viewed in English.

Enjoy!
Cal Smith