[BKARTS] water systems

We are in the process of purchasing a new de-ionized water system for our
lab.  Does anyone have advice or information about the best substance to
use for re-calcification?  Our vendor has recommended a product called
"Neutralizer", which is a marble chip with a guranteed content of 95%
(minimum) calcium carbonate and 3% (max) of magnesium carbonate.  The
filter containing this substance will be followed by a 2 micron particle
filter (and preceeded by various pre filters).
        Also, we often disbind and wash whole books - does anyone use re-calcified
(pH 7) de-ionized water for washing?  Thanks very much.
Cindy ostroff, Conservation Studio, Yale University