Re: [BKARTS] Thermal tape binding, Saw trimming, Rounded corners

In a message dated 5/21/02 5:06:11 PM, ben@BENWIENS.COM writes:

<< Anyone with experience using saws or other power cutters to trim books. As
I am not making small books like 5.5x8.5 inches so I don't have to cut books
on half. I only want to trim off a perhaps 0.003 inches and the cover.  >>

0.003 inches --- WOW!!! ---- NO WAY!!!!!! You'll cause more damage trying to
trim off the thickness of a human hair, especially with a saw ( I am
guessing). We trim 1/32 inch (.03 inches --- NOTE ONLY ONE ZERO AFTER THE
DECIMAL) and that is very difficult with a good sharp guillotine.
GOOD LUCK -- YOU'LL NEED IT.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695