Re: [BKARTS] About book arts job

Cindy:
I'm looking for a job, too. It's tough. I've found
possibilities in the museum field, conservation in
museums and libraries, and am now looking at local and
regional arts councils. I have found that what is most
difficult is the usual requirement of a specific
degree or experience that doesn't <quite> fit, even
though I (and you) would be perfectly capable. For
instance, some of the conservation jobs require
conservation schooling or MLS degrees (even though
many MLS graduates have no clue about book
conservation and preservation). Unfortunately, book
arts classes do not exist in abundance at universities
or community colleges -- yet. The possibilities are
far and few between.
Melodie