Re: [BKARTS] photo resolution

In a message dated 5/22/02 12:35:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
knharper@FUSE.NET writes:

<< Anything over 300 dpi is wasted, and only makes the file
 size larger than necessary. >>

I was with you until this point. This makes sense if you are only going to
print at a 1 to 1 ratio, however, if you want to enlarge, or crop, the
picture then a higher resolution is needed. In my opinion, and experience,
the best thing to do is to scan the artwork at the highest possible
resolution that your computer allows.  The limit is usually what the computer
can handle comfortably inside photoshop. About 15 - 20  meg.files is what I
normally work with.

Regards,
Dean Fletcher