[BKARTS] Papermaking

I have another question concerning papermaking. Our guild (calligraphy) was
recently given some papermaking equipment. This equipment includes a large
roll of plastic and  a compressor.  Would this be used to make some sort of
vacuum table? Can anyone point me to any info (web or book) on using this
type of equipment?
Thanks,
Jacqueline