Re: [BKARTS] Salt Lake City and area

Kevin:

There's quite a number of book-related seminars and workshops listed in
the GBW newsletter, as I recall. The folks at the Marriott Library at
the University of Utah do a great job of organizing events.

For non book related I would suggest especially a day trip down to
Arches National Monument, about a four hour drive south of Salt Lake. I
grew up in Utah and this was one of my favourite places. A bit closer to
town any of the canyons east of Salt Lake are nice for hiking and
general scenery but they tend to get pretty crowded during weekends in
the summer. Millcreek canyon is the nicest because the number of cars is
restricted. Also Big Cottonwood Canyon and Little Cottonwood Canyon,
both further south are very nice. The latter is where you'll find
Snowbird ski resort, which is very nice for summer hiking. Also try Park
City, a half hour east of Salt Lake, and Sundance resort in Provo
Canyon, an hour south.

There's nothing really in Salt Lake City itself, very little in the way
of museums, etc. so you have to get out of town and go see the scenery.

Karl F. Best
karl@karlbest.com                    "I cannot live without books."
Chelmsford, MA                              - Thomas Jefferson, 1815