Re: [BKARTS] A better way to punch holes

An efficient paper punch has to have a shearing action (like normal
handheld single or tabletop three-hole punches from a stationery store)
or a drilling action. A flat punch into an anvil surface, like a leather
punch, would have to be fantastically sharp and have huge leverage and a
perfectly flat contact with the anvil to work well, and that edge would
only last one or two punches into the anvil. A paper drill works great
but the fancy modern ones are kind of expensive. My favorites are the
truly hand operated kind you spin between your hands; they ought to be
cheap, but I've never, ever seen them for sale - anyone know where to
get them?

Of course, if someone wanted to they could make a multi-headed
punch-and-die style hand paper punch, but it'd have to have two rotating
heads (one for punch and one for die), and it would surely be far too
expensive for its very very small market.

RCB