[BKARTS] paper punch

Here's a novice solution. I've been using my dremel to make holes through the cover and paper.  I can't say that it is entirely satisfying.  You have to use a low setting otherwise you'll chew up the paper.  Also there is a tendency to burn the edge of the paper a bit if you go too fast.  But, it does go through a lot of paper and chipboard rather quickly and for a child's quality book, I'm sure it would do the trick.  Take care on which bit you use; practice with a few different ones to get the bits that works best for the holes you want.

I would be interested in what book art professionals think of this solution and what they use to make holes of various sizes.

Audrey