Re: [BKARTS] punch holes

Two Ideas...

Find a local printer or bindery and talk them into punching the holes (free
... it for kids) with their power hole punch. It can punch 100's of sheets at
one time. Shouldn't take long.

Holes may not be as clean, but you can use a power drill. Press the paper
tight as possible between two pieces of heavy board or wood and drill gently
and slowly with a sharp bit.

Good Luck, Jill

In a message dated 5/26/02 11:01:51 PM, LISTSERV@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU writes:

>I was doing books with a stick binding with a class of elementary school
>children this week and had to make a lot of holes pretty quickly.  I used
>leather punch type hole punch (the kind with the revolving head to make
>various sizes of hole) that I'd gotten at a hardware store.  The punch
>didn't
>make holes quickly or easily.  This left me with restless kids and a sore
>hand.

Jill Timm
Mystical Places Press
Handcrafted artist books,