[BKARTS] Wimberly Library Book Arts Lecture Series

Forty people were in attendance for the first program of our Wimberly
Library Book Arts Lecture Series: "Cracking Eggs and Other Ways of Making
Books," by Oregon bookbinder Paula Marie Gourley. Ms. Gourley took our
audience on a journey through her path as a maker of books, and we ended
with a small gathering of folks at the Jaffe Collection, looking closely at
some of Paula's books and at "The Handmade Papers of Japan" by Thomas Keith
Tindale and Harriet Ramsey Tindale (Charles E. Tuttle Co., 1952). A fine
afternoon and not at all a bad size crowd for a Friday afternoon at the
beginning of a holiday weekend in a quiet summer semester.

Future lecture plans are in the works, and though announcements will be
made here on Book Arts L and Letterpress L, if you are interested in
more-detailed announcements, as well as occasional news on the goings-on
here at the Jaffe Collection, please contact me off-list with your email
address. I will add you in to our database and subscribe you to our
occasional electronic newsletter "Folio: The Book Arts News at FAU."  The
address to respond to is <jcutrone@fau.edu>.

John Cutrone
The Arthur and Mata Jaffe Collection
777 Glades Road