[BKARTS] The Great Letterpress Sale SECOND CHANCE OPEN HOUSE!

By now, many of you have received the current issue of The Printer, with
its four-page catalog for the Great Letterpress Sale. We know this because
the e-mail orders from Letterpress Supporters have been coming in today at
the rate of about 20 an hour! You may also have heard about how the Open
House at the warehouse this past weekend, following the Northeast
Letterpress Flea Market, was a roaring success, with bargain hunters
squealing with delight (yes, we heard you squeal!) as they scarfed up over
*600* fonts of type and other goodies. Well, in response to the pleas of
those who were unable to attend last weekend, we are hereby announcing a

SECOND CHANCE OPEN HOUSE AT ALI BABA'S WAREHOUSE OF PRINTING DELIGHTS!
Friday, June 7,    9:00 am - 2:00 pm, and
Saturday, June 8, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm

Rest assured that there are still literally tons of type remaining, plus
imposing stones, cabinets, spacing material, book presses and all sorts of
other goodies. As a matter of fact, as we are moving things around we are
finding stuff we didn't even know we had, such as BRAND NEW wood furniture
racks, more BRAND NEW proof presses, and lots of other scarce finds. Coming
to the open house will let you take away all your treasures with you right
on the spot, as well as give you a shot at the unlisted finds as they are
uncovered.

The rules remain the same as before, with the mega discounts available to
anyone who belongs to (or signs up for membership in) any FOUR of the
wonderful letterpress organizations listed below. In addition, at the
suggestion of several fellow Letpress members, we have added even MORE
groups to the approved list! Now, we'll also accept as qualifiers membership
in:

The Book Arts League in Boulder, CO
(www.bookartsleague.or)
The Friends of the St. Bride Printing Library
(http://www.stbride.org/na-friends.htm)
The Fine Press Book Association
(http://www.fpba.com/)

For the sake of those of you who have been (a) living in a cave in
Afghanistan and (b) don't subscribe to The Printer, here's a repost of the
original sale announcement:

OK, folks, the time has finally come! For all of those who saw the special
Letpress offer (http://www.fiveroses.org/letpress.htm) on those marvelous
imposing stones and were thinking that "there must be something else in that
warehouse"...you're right!

Thanks to the letterpress pixies (and the generosity of many people,
including the Mandel family of American Printing Equipment and Supply Corp.
and the Yale Honorable Company of College Printers) a GIANT cache of rare
printing equipment has been made available to the letterpress community.
This incredible find includes (in addition to the world's largest inventory
of New Old Stock Hamilton Imposing Surfaces) tens of thousands of pounds of
brand new foundry type, as well as hundreds of other new and used
letterpress goodies.

www.fiveroses.org/catalog.pdf

In the interests of helping along the current Renaissance of letterpress
printing, and providing support to several worthy organizations who are
working hard to keep the letterpress tradition alive, this treasure trove is
being offered for sale under the following unprecedented terms:

Every item has a CATALOG PRICE. This is the current selling price for the
item, as taken from the most recent catalog of American Printing Equipment &
Supply Corp. in which the item appeared and adjusted to current dollars, or
from online web sites currently offering similar products. You are welcome
to purchase any of the listed items at these prices.

However, every item also has  SUPER DUPER, LETTERPRESS SUPPORTER DISCOUNT
PRICE, which in many cases can be as much as 90% off the catalog price! You
may order any item(s) at this incredibly low price IF you belong to ANY FOUR
of the organizations listed below. Note that if you don't currently meet the
criteria, you should immediately sign up with the group(s) of your choice,
so that you can take advantage of these unbelievable discounts. Since one of
the groups is the Letpress list itself, if you're reading this you're
already a quarter of the way there!

In addition, through a DOUBLY-unprecedented offer, if you would like to make
a tax deductible contribution to support the Yale Honorable Company of
College Printers, simply make a contribution to Yale amounting to 125% of
what you otherwise would have paid (even if it's the discounted price!), and
I will GIVE YOU whatever you select from the catalog!

During the Open House at the warehouse, you can pick and pay for everything
right on the spot (note that if you want the special discount price, you'll
need to bring your proof of memberships with you!)

SOME ADDITIONAL NOTES:
----------------------
1. Everything in the catalog and the warehouse is being made available on a
first-come, first-served basis. Many of these items are available only in
very limited quantities, so it is probably safe to say that s/he who
hesitates will be lost.

2. The person who is coordinating this mega operation is the lovely and
talented Julie Ochs, a Lohmann Prize-winning letterpress printer herself,
who is based in New Haven and controls access to the warehouse. She can be
reached at mailto:julie@fiveroses.org or by phone at (203) 464-1191 [note
the corrected number from the last posting.] Please direct all inquiries
about this sale to her.

3. If you're planning to drive to the warehouse, here are the directions:
>From I-95 in New Haven, CT, take Exit 46 "Long Wharf", (if you're
coming up from the South, make a left at the exit to go back under the
highway), then make a right onto Sargent Drive. Follow it about a quarter
mile to the New Haven Post Office, then make a sharp left in front of the
Post Office, and drive all the way to the end of the service road; you are
looking for the last building on the left opposite the train tracks. Go in
the gate at the back, and park as close as you can to the outside loading
dock, which will be open. On the way out, reverse the directions and you'll
find yourself back at I-95 right where it joins I-91.

4. If you would like to take advantage of the "Yale contribution" route,
please get in touch with Julie for details.

5. Here are the worthy organizations, your membership in which will unlock
thousands of dollars in discounts (remember, you need to belong to four!):

Amalgamated Printers Association
(http://www.apa-letterpress.org/)
American Amateur Press Association
(http://members.aol.com/aapa96/index.html)
American Printing History Association
(http://www.printinghistory.org/)
American Typecasting Fellowship (subscriber)
(http://www.printerstradingpost.com/htm/associate_info.htm)
Book Arts League in Boulder, CO
(www.bookartsleague.org)
Brayer and Bodkin - The Michigan Letterpress Guild
(mailto:letterpressions@cs.com)
Briar Press web site (see home page for secret word!)
(http://www.briarpress.org)
Chicago Center for Book and Paper
(http://www.bookandpaper.org/importantstuff.html)
Fine Press Book Association
(http://www.fpba.com/)
Friends of the St. Bride Printing Library
(http://www.stbride.org/na-friends.htm)
Greater Richmond Itinerant Printers
(mailto:dclinger@mindspring.com)
Grolier Club
(http://www.grolierclub.org/)
Hamilton Wood Type Museum
(http://www.woodtype.org/)
History San Jose Printers' Guild
(http://www.historysanjose.org/PrintShop.html)
Houston Museum of Printing History or its Printers' Guild
(http://www.printingmuseum.org/)
International Printing Museum
(http://www.printmuseum.org/)
LetPress Internet Mailing List
(http://hermes.csd.unb.ca/bin/wa?SUBED1=letpress&A=1)
Letterpress Guild of New England
(P.O. Box 380788 Cambridge, MA 02238-0788)
Minnesota Center for Book Arts
(http://www.mnbookarts.org/main.html)
Museum of Printing
(http://www.museumofprinting.org/index.html)
New York Center for Book Arts
(http://www.centerforbookarts.org/)
St. Louis Letterpress Society
(mailto:skyship@compuserve.com)
Syracuse, NY Printers
(mailto:dinorton@juno.com)
The Printer (must be a subscriber)
(http://www.printerstradingpost.com/htm/the_printer.htm)
Typophiles
(mailto:daletype@worldnet.att.net)
Virginia Amateur Press Association
(mailto:jlwarner@cpcug.org)
Yale Honorable Company of College Printers
(mailto:scribe@hccp.net)

Enjoy! (and apologies for the cross-posting)

-David S. Rose
 Five Roses Press
 New York, NY