[BKARTS] libraries in Germany and France

Re: book arts in Germany and France.

When last I was in northern France where I had lived years before, I went
into local libraries and asked to see manuscript books and incunabula. They
had lots which they brought out to me. No cotton gloves, no don't touch
policy. I was overwhelmed. I have sent them cotton gloves. One librarian was
so pleased that she made a display of manuscript books for the public. I was
touched but not as pleased since the books were now under glass and I
couldn't touch them.

My suggestion is to go into local libraries wherever you have time. You might
want to bring a letter of introduction from your own local librarian and have
it translated into German and/or French.

Alice
Paper Pleasures
270 Columbine Street
Denver, CO 80206