Re: [BKARTS] LA in July

Deb Dormody wrote:

> Hello -
>
> I will be in the Los Angeles area from July 5-10th and
> am wondering if there are any book arts activities or
> exhibitions I should not miss during that time. Or is
> it celebrities and dinosaur tarpits for me?
>
> Thanks,
> Deb
> Rhode Island

Did you get any good answers? (I may be going down there, too)

BTW, it's not dinosaurs in the tarpits, it's "pre-historic"
mammals. Same time period as human habitation in North America.
Mastodons, smilodons, etc. Not book-related, tho'.

But next to it is LACMA, which has a wonderful collection and
may have some book arts (they have a webpage) and also the
Japanese art museum (I forget the name).

--

Susan Fatemi
susanf@peer.berkeley.edu