Re: [BKARTS] leather storage

Bruce Graham wrote:

> Keep it out of the sun and away from moisture. I don't know the reason for
> not storing leather in plastic, in fact, I store much of my leather in
> plastic bags (cut off pieces, etc)

Storing organic materials such as leather, paper, textiles
in *sealed* plastic bags encourages the growth of mold.
It depends on the climate to some extent.

Personally, I store small quantities of non-archival
textiles in zip-lock bags, but leave the bag open an inch
or so. The *good* stuff is rolled up on tubes with
muslin or acid free paper, as are the few pcs. of
leather I have (for garments, not books)

Susan Fatemi
susanf@peer.berkeley.edu