From: Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.philobiblon.com
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]On Behalf Of Jules Siegel
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 5:57 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [BKARTS] Protecting papel amate

I am planning to bind some books in papel amate, a traditional Mexican paper
made from fig bark that is very porous. I want to size it or coat it to make
it resist handling better. I've used clear matte acrylic for this, but I am
not sure about its archival properties, and will appreciate any advice.

--
JULES SIEGEL Apdo. 1764, 77501 Cancun Q. Roo Mexico
http://www.cafecancun.com

For free and ample discussion of issues in the news subscribe to Newsroom-L