Re: [BKARTS] Protecting papel amate

The amate I've seen made isn't pressed in the same manner as western style
paper, but rather is pounded flat onto a treated board. Perhaps spritzing
the sheets, putting them between felts and pressing well (then drying
restrained) would add some strength. I suspect that the folds would still be
pretty brittle though.

In discussing dealing with amate for the Codex Espangliensis project,
Felicia Rice writes at:
http://www.movingpartspress.com/Text/felicia.html
that they backed it with Japanese Shintengujo tissue to strengthen it.

with best wishes,
Roberta

Pendleton, Oregon
paper@oregontrail.net