Re: [BKARTS] Wheat paste & mould

I realize I'm coming into this discussion at the end,
but, a couple of things to be considered.  I, too, have had problems
with longevity of paste, but not in the refrigerator.
Perhaps you should check the temperature of the refrigerator.
Secondly, please check to see if you are using a see-through
container.  I have found that paste lasts considerably longer
when stored in a container that does not allow light in.
Even opaque containers allow deterioration, I have found.

I would not scrape off the mould and use the paste below.
Mould is nature's way of starting the decompostion process
and I would not trust any of the batch.

No, do not freeze.  Freezing changes the composition of the
paste and it will not be the same after freezing.

Jane Brown
Charleston, SC