Re: [BKARTS] leather storage

In a message dated 7/2/02 7:05:45 PM, allen@PACIFICCOAST.NET writes:

<< I am building some new storage space in my studio and am trying to find
the "ideal" way to store the fine bookbinding leathers we use.  >>

_______
I have read many of the comments about storing leather wrapped in kraft
paper. That is exactly what we have done for many years, but the only problem
was that the paper would tear after a period of time. Therefore, for a number
of years, I have been protecting my rolled leather with a piece of cloth such
as cotton muslin or other cotton fabric that is dyed (roll ends).
I might also add that I secure the roll with some wonderful straps that use
Velcro as the closure.
Bill Minter

4364 Woodbury Pike
Woodbury, PA   16695