Re: [BKARTS] Protecting papel amate

Instead of trying to treat the amate, which doesn't seem to match your needs
for this project, why not use a paper that has the qualities you want.
Different fibers can be carefully swirled together in the vat to create an
overall marbling effect that somewhat mimics the look of amate.

I would think that the papers from Cave Paper
http://www.cavepaper.com/index2.html
might be a good fit, or

or University of Iowa
http://www.uiowa.edu/~ctrbook/index.html