Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 21:18:12 -0700
To: BPEldridge@aol.com
From: "Jack C. Thompson" <tcl@teleport.com>
Subject: Re: Reply to JT
Cc: tcl@teleport.com

Dear Betsy,

One of your mistakes was to characterize this exchange (via the listserv)
as a personal issue.  It is not, nor has it ever been.  It is a professional
issue.  The Guild of Book Workers has decided that videotapes of seminars
conducted post-1992 are of no particular interest to the membership or others.

We spoke a few months ago and I gave you my interpretation of the events of
interest to me.

The following month Rod Ewins called me from New York, after he had talked
with you.  Some of the comments he reported as having been said by you were
outright lies; misrepresentations of what I had told you.

You may not care to have this dirty laundry washed in public, but after
10 years of sub-rosa queries, to no effect, I will avail myself of any
venue which may generate an honest reply.

There is really nothing to discuss.  Either you will answer my question,
honestly, or you will not.

Jack

>to continue to discuss or dispute the details of these matters with you
>privately.  For instance, no, I was not involved in the administration of GBW
>after I moved to Canada in 1973 until I became president two years ago.  But
>I deplore the use of a public/professional service such as this book list to
>resolve personal problems - despite their obvious entertainment value.  Let's
>stop bothering people in this public forum!
>
>If you wish to continue this discussion, you may call me or email me
>directly.  But my answers may perforce be brief.  I consider you an old
>friend and worthy adversary but I am busy.  Sorry, but I really don't see the
>point of spending more time on this matter, publicly or privately.
>
>Betsy

Thompson Conservation Lab.
7549 N. Fenwick
Portland, Oregon  97217