Re: [BKARTS] Protecting papel amate

on 7/8/02 10:19 PM, RLavadour at paper@OREGONTRAIL.NET wrote:

> Instead of trying to treat the amate, which doesn't seem to match your needs
> for this project, why not use a paper that has the qualities you want.

Actually, the treated amate does work very well. I was just concerned about
the acrylic medium, which I now find is said to have excellent archival
properties.

I want to use amate because the books are made in Mexico, and I don't want
to use leather. Amate looks a lot like leather (indistinguishable, almost)
when coated with acrylic. As far as I know, none of the books I've made with
it have fallen apart.