Re: [BKARTS] BOOK_ARTS-L Digest - 7 Jul 2002 to 8 Jul 2002 (#2002-187)

Hi Kevin- May I suggest that you look on the Internet or at your local
library, the appropriate collections that might be interested in the subject
matter of your books? For example, some of my books are about dance, so I
researched music and dance libraries at libraries, universities and museums
internationally. I then located the appropriate persons to contact, wrote
letters of introduction and inquiry, followed up with mailings, visits,
slides--whatever the institution requested.

Selling books is a difficult business and requires all the same professional
techniques
you would consider in finding work, a job or clients which includes research,
marketing, networking, understanding pricing, and maintaining relationships.

There is always the possibility of selling your books through dealers, who
have already built up relationships with collectors. There's a heavy price
for that. But if you are not interested or willing to do the work, a dealer
may be the answer. Here again, the same requirements are necessary.

It ain't easy!

Enjoy your visit to NY, NJ and PA.

Alice
<apeachW96@aol.com>