[BKARTS] Handmade 3-Ring Binder

I'm about to embark on my first attempt at making a 3-ring binder. I
purchased the "metals" from a local bookbinder here in Cincinnati, and was
instructed briefly on its use. It is fairly heavy-duty, and has a curved
metal back. I was told to do a binding similar to a 3-piece case binding,
but instead of a board for the spine, to use the curved metal piece, backing
it with kraft paper so it would then be glued to the cloth. It occurs to me
that making something that will hold up might be fraught with peril, so I'm
wondering if anyone else out there is familiar with making binders and if
there are any hints or perhaps instructions available?

Thanks for any advice.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH