Re: [BKARTS] Rivetless ring binders

I purchased another type of rivetless binder from a local commercial bindery
in Cincinnati. The metal comes in two pieces: there is a back part that is
curved that becomes the spine piece, and it has two tabs that stick up. Then
after this is covered with cloth or whatever, the ring part is put on top of
it. The two tabs slip onto the ring piece, and then you hammer those metal
tabs down. I was skeptical about how well it would hold, but it's actually
VERY strong. This whole assembly cost in the neighborhood of $12-15 each,
and is very heavy duty, which is what I needed as I'm making a sample book
for wedding invitations that will live in the stationery stores and get
pawed a lot (I hope!)

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I can find out from the local bookbinder
what type of "metals" these are.

Katie Harper
Ars Brevis Press
Cincinnati, OH