[BKARTS] Open Call for Submissions

In December, 2002, Gallery Lux, a new gallery in San Francisco's SoMa district, is hosting its first exhibition of artists' books, [re]Readings: Artists' Books Now.

[re]Readings: Artists' Books Now will feature artists' books made between 2000 & 2002. The focus of this exhibition will be on fresh approaches to content coupled with a firm conceptual base in books that adhere to the codex form. The exhibition will have two aspects. In the gallery, we will show books that in most cases will not be handled unless viewers are specifically invited to do so. In some cases we may ask permission to provide a facsimile reading copy for viewers to handle. We will also offer a Reading Room just off the gallery, in which viewers will be invited to read and handle the books installed there.

If you are interested in submitting work for this open call or for more information, please send a SASE for complete submission guidelines and entry form to:
[re]Readings Submission Guidelines
Gallery Lux
521 Seventh St.
San Francisco, Ca  94103

Or email me personally and I can email you the guidelines and entry form.  An entry form is required for all submissions.

Thanks!
Lorraine Lupo
Gallery Director