Re: [BKARTS] vendor wanted: custom cut chipboard

>Peter is correct. The main thing is to locate a framer who uses a
>computerized mat cutter which is the only way to do product cuts. If you
>go online and surf a bit you will see many vendors that offer production
>custom mat cutting and because they have automated equipment they will
>be cost efficient.
>
>Steve
>Archivalmethods.com

Just about any mid-size commercial printer should be able to die cut
chip board.  I would assume mat board also, if stock is provided to
them, but I don't know.

I know .110 binders board can be die cut.  We have had it done a
couple times for jobs.  Usually circles, about 2.5 inches in
diameter, but once there was a rectangle.

The printers always seem pretty casual about this, as if it's an easy
job.  We usually see our boards back in about a week, maybe two.

Cost tends to be minimal, depending on quantity.  Our runs have been
anywhere from 100 to 250 pieces.  The biggest cost is the die.  Check
pricing with local printers.

- Duncan

--
  "For every action there is an equal and