Re: [BKARTS] dies

Don't know about laser cutting, other than Eleanor Ramsey used it on a set
of boards for a fantastic binding she did a few years back.

Dies aren't cheap (I think about $5") but allow you to do many things. At
Gaylord we used them to cut out the blanks for all the boxes they make.
I've also seen people use them with flatbed presses. Perhaps someone else
has the details, but my recollection was that they were mounted on the bed
of the press, and a rubber mat was attached to the big roller. With the
right amount of pressure they will easily cut through a sheet of paper, and
possibly even folder stock. An added advantage is that not only can they
cut, but they can also crease in the same operation. Just different metal
pieces for that part.

p.

>Does anyone know about those lovely,
>intricate laser cut products?