Re: [BKARTS] dies

As an alternative I recently purchased a small die cutter from Michael's
craft supplies. It's called SIZZIX by Ellison Co. I pursued this product
about 3 years ago online and found that, at time, they were made for
schools and quite expensive (like $350). The dies were sold separately. But
now they've made a quite cheaper model for about $25 + dies ($10 - $20
each). It's simply a heavy base with a top platen and handle to scrunch
down on the die. No substitutions in dies (unless I can devise something) -
but they offer about 50 different simple shapes plus a couple of alphabets.
I tried a couple of dies for a start on different papers (Arches
Watercolor, thin card, thinner Japanese paper and handmade paper) and it
cut through these pretty well. It might be just a cute plaything, or I may
think of a really useful project for it. Dunno. I just like machinery.

Patrice