[BKARTS] Restoring Gazelle Skin

Help!

I recently stumbled across a copy of Deuteronomy from the 7th century written in
ink on Gazelle skin (so the manifest says...and it seems to be trustworthy).
Unfortunately it spent some time in a picture frame that allowed it to buckle with
moisture along with several other items it was stacked with.

Are there any unique properties that a skin of a gazelle has that I should be aware
of? There are very few stains on it, and all it really needs is to be straightened out
and have a split gently repaired. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

M. Leary
Bindery Supervisor
Rolfing Memorial Library

"The words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly
embedded nails - given by one Sheperd."