[BKARTS] Musty paper

Hello everybody.

I am wanting to use up some old paper stock that I have. I have been
keeping it in boxes in my basement (the basement is carpeted, but is
still a basement none the less). When I opened the boxes and pulled out
some of the paper the other day I noticed that it had a strong musty
odour and had that cold-damp feeling to it, it wasn't actually damp or
limp, it just didn't have that bone dry feeling to it. There are no
discolouring on the pages. The basement has never flooded or anything
like that either. Will the paper be okay if I air it out or will it
always be musty? Is it safe to use, or do I have a bigger problem on my
hands? If anyone has any comments on this I would really appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jennifer