Re: [BKARTS] Looking for a "low-brow" archival tape? Edge gluing?

EDGE GLUING
Jack, interesting information about edge gluing pages. Just wondering how
durable the glued together cut is with PVA? I assume there is no fiber
manipulation?

VIDEO?
For those that may want to buy the video, is it still available for sale? I
did not see it mentioned on your website.

FUEL CELLS
As a side issue Jack, you asked when will there be affordable fuel cells for
use in your off-the-grid cabin? The key here is affordable. There are a few
limited quantities of fuel cells being sold today but they are a bit
expensive. Fuel cells have been in development for over 200 years already
and they still can't seem to get them right. You will want a fuel cell
running directly on propane, diesel, or gasoline. A few companies were
proposing to be selling such small fuel cells in the 1 kw variety already
this year, but they have had problems. At the moment, the company most
poised to be in your market is Sulzer Hexis (Europe) with their 1 kw Solid
Oxide Fuel Cell. Might be big enough for your cabin. They are already in
limited production. Price is expected to be around US$3000-5000 and
availability in the USA is projected to be 2005. Prices are eventually
expected to be around US$1000 for this type of fuel cell. See

Sulzer Hexis Website http://www.hexis.com/

Ben Wiens...applied energy scientist
Ben Wiens Energy Science Inc.
8-1200 Brunette Ave. Coquitlam BC Canada V3K1G3
E-mail: ben@benwiens.com
Energy Website: http://www.benwiens.com
Read my popular web-booklet "The Future of Fuel Cells"